When it comes to buying food in Mexico you have a variety of options.
There is the small neighborhood store that offers a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, and a limited selection of other items for sale.
A second option is the growing number of convenience stores, like 7/11, AM/PM and Oxxo, which have been springing up at a rapid pace. These stores have extended hours or are open all night.
And then there are the giant supermarkets for almost all of your shopping needs. Besides the large Mexican chains, there are the international giant stores that can be found in all of the large cities. The most popular of these stores are Wal-Mart, Costco, Smart and Final, Comercial Mexicana and Calimax.
- Smart & Final - Here you will find an infinity of articles for your business, home, office and without memberships.
Location: Blvd. Benito Juárez 79, Centro, 22710 Rosarito, B.C.
- Wal-Mart - Like the U.S., Wal-Mart offers a colossal range of food, clothing, camping gear, auto parts, electronics and more.
Location: Carretera Libre Tijuana Ensenada NO. 300, COL. Reforma, 22710 Rosarito
- Costco – Is a member’s only warehouse with massive range of food and non food items at competitive prices. You must buy a membership card to gain entry to Costco. Please note that your Costco membership in other countries will be honored in Mexico.
Location: Boulevard Gral. Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943, Zona Urbana Río, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C.
- Soriana (before know as Comercial Mexicana) – is a well known Mexican supermarket with fresh foods and canned goods, and in their superstores they offer a wide variety of non-food items at excellent and affordable prices.
Location: Avenida Jose Haros Aguilar 2071, Lucio Blanco, 22710 Playas de Rosarito, BC
- Calimax – Is another well known Mexican supermarket that offers a variety of fresh food, and all kinds of groceries for you to choose from.
Location: Carr. Transpeninsular, Veracruz, 22705 Rosarito, B.C.
Location: Blvd. Benito Juárez #20000-B Frac. Villafloresta 22711, Rosarito, B.C., México, Rosarito, B.C.
Location: Blvd. Benito Juárez García 208, Predios Urbanos, 22710 Rosarito, B.C.
- Baja Produce – offer organic products from the Baja, table of handmade cheeses and fresh products and prepared at the time, Surrounded by the art of the region.
Location: Blvd. Popotla 10 Cuenca Díaz, 22710 Playas de Rosarito, B.C.
- Mercado Del Mar – Is a family-run market that has most of the items found in most small markets. At the back of the store, and up two steps is Casa del Tequila, an amazing shop with more than 500 different kinds of tequila.
Location: Blvd. Popotla 3135 Fraccionamiento Cuenca Lechera, 22710 Playas de Rosarito, B.C.
- Plan Libertador Street Market – The best fruit and vegetables, cheaper and more fresh than anywhere else.
Location: Calle Lázaro Cárdenas del Río 4, Col.Plan Libertador, Plan Libertador, 22710 Rosarito, B.C.
- Fruteria Cervantes – If you're looking for fresh fruit and vegetables this is the place.
Location: Carr. Transpeninsular 500, Obrera, 22703 Rosarito, B.C.